Thursday, December 6, 2007

Week #6 - del.icio.us

The PLCMCL2 page on del.icio.us confused me so I thought I'd create my own del.icio.us account but was stymied by the 'install these icons into your toolbar now' bit. The site is more dogged than a car salesman though, so despite only completing two of the registration steps I was emailed the link to confirm my account. It takes a while to manually add websites, but I'm not sure that I really want to add another couple of icons to my already cluttered toolbars at home though, so I may leave it as it is.

My great list of three websites: http://del.icio.us/superslyceily

I loved how you can search for tags by just entering them in the box at the top though and *insert geekyweird moment here* I don't quite know how to explain it, but it's like entering a message in Millennium and seeing it appear in the screen behind you as you write... you enter it in the box, and weee! there it is in the url... *end geekyweird moment*

Ahem. But yes, I also like their colour coding system. I've yet to come across something dark red though...

It's a pretty neat system, but I rely on changing computers/losing all data in crashes to cull my list of favourites. Having to start again makes me choose what I really want to use... and unless I'm supremely bored, that's the only time the favourites list gets tidied. An online version... that would never die... It would be tagged ANARCHY.

Unless you could sort by most frequently used...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks as if you've had a good look around del.icio.us - keep it up!