Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Week #9 - YouTube

I really like YouTube and am still amazed at the videos you can find there. For example, if I were to want to watch a popular TV series that hasn't aired in New Zealand yet, I could pretty much guarantee that it will be available on YouTube. Not necessarily for long, and it'd probably have to be cleverly disguised with spelling errors or outwardly nonsensical abbreviations, but you could find the episodes if you were persistent enough.

Not that I would do that of course, because that would be Wrong and I am currently being investigated as a Spam Blogger (*mutter*) and wouldn't want to add Supporting Piracy to my list of alleged internet crimes.

The only complaint I have is that a Search function powered by Google should have a lot more flexibility. Sorting by relevance, date added, view count and rating are great, but what I wouldn't give for an Advanced Search option... It's just so messy without it. Of course, I could just be horribly blind and it's there already, but if that's the case it should be more obvious :P

I like the Community Groups though, and that could work really well in a library setting. It would probably be more similar to the LibraryThing networks, but the idea is the same. At the very least it could make the library website more interactive, or perhaps even the catalogue...

As for the video I find worth adding as an entry to my blog (and this was very hard given the high standards of my blog...)

Proof that babies are FREAKY AS H*LL:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you got the spam thing sorted out with blogger, nice video of baby