Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Week #8 - Zoho

As yet another memory stick is turned in to lost property I am increasingly tempted to use something like Zoho and store my documents online... And after using the delightful tags of del.icio.us I'm particularly impressed with their Tags as Folders selling point: "Tags are the new folders. Not sure whether you want to put a document in the Sales or Marketing folder? That's where tags-as-folders come in. Make the document available in both the folders! Now, isn't that handy?"

Why yes, yes it is. And the adding contextual comments part. Sooo good. I've tried sending people things with edited comments in bold or capitals, but if the formatting doesn't carry across, you can't even tell what's changed, and switching from capitals to lower case is a bit of a pain. And finally! An application that puts the option to 'close account' on the sign in page! I have created soo many accounts with this 2.0 programme and I really would prefer to drop some of them when it's finished, but can't even find the option in several of them.

The only difficulty I came across was that it was horribly slow to make any changes. Again, that could be the internet here, but it stalled completely when I tried to create a new document, and again when I was adding a comment to a document. Still very impressive though :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there,it was probably just the broadband speed which varys